I was going through the third annual research pdf released by Bienalto to access the intake of Web Analytics by Australian business sector. The survey reveals some interesting challenges that the web analytics industry is faced with and the growth of analytics sector along with with the maturity of the industry in the adoption of analytics into the industry.
Here are some interesting stats from the post published:
1) Number of organizations investing into the analytics tools by more than $10,000 has increased from 36% in 2007 to 44% in 2008.
2) Organisations who trust the data they receive from web analytics tools are increasing.
3) Google Analytics is used by 62.5% of organizations which is up from 52.9% in 2007.
4) Apart from Search Engine Optimisation, Web analytics has been identified as the most important web initiative for 2009
5) Marketing departments are getting more involved with web analytics and in growing proportions taking full responsibility for it.
For a detailed report on the Australian Web Analytics Survey visit Bienalto